CLASSICS (A.B.) +
WORLD LANGUAGE EDUCATION (M.A.T.)
Shape your future with a degree path that combines your passion for languages with a career in teaching.
Upon completion of this teacher preparation program, and all certification requirements, candidates are eligible to teach foreign language (P-12) in Georgia public schools with master’s degree level certification in fields aligned to successfully completed exams.
Graduate-level courses used to satisfy undergraduate and graduate requirements:
• LLED 7040: Language and Culture in the Classroom
• LLED 7730: First and Second Language Acquisition and Development
• LLED 7630: ESOL, Grades P-12
• CLAS, LATN, or LING course 6000-level or higher
Double Dawgs Pathway Highlights:
• Earn your bachelor’s and master’s degrees in 5 years or less
• Enter the workforce as a certified teacher of foreign languages
(P-12) with a Master’s degree certification level
• Join a highly rewarding program and meet colleagues who share your passion for languages and cultures
Students should apply to the undergraduate pathway in Athena during spring of
Year 3 of their undergraduate program.